Friday, March 19, 2010

6 Months Ago Today....

Six months ago today I gave birth to our beautiful baby boy Archer James.  7 lbs. 8 oz., 20.5" long. With both of my pregnancies, we never found out the gender of the babies before they were born - there are so few true surprises left in life anymore, but even before he was here, I just knew he was a boy.  Call it mother's intuition, call it a bad case of indigestion, call it whatever you darn well please - I just had a feeling.  And I am so glad to have been able to give Jed his little boy like he wanted.  He would never admit that to me (that he secretly wanted a boy), but I knew all along that he wanted a boy.  So when Dr. Berger announced that "It's a boy" - I was thrilled.  One of the first things out of my mouth was "Now we have one of each, so there's no pressure for what the next two have to be".  I distinctly remember one of the nurses touching my shoulder and saying "Bless your heart - on the delivery table after just giving birth and already talking about TWO more!".

I'm not going to lie or sugarcoat it - having two small children has been very difficult.  Alot harder than I ever expected.  There are days when I just want to run to my room, slam the door, throw myself on the bed and sob like a baby (like I used to do when I was a teenager!).  But then I realize that I am their mom and they need me to be the adult and to take care of them.  I don't have the luxury of being selfish anymore.  We wouldn't have gotten to where we are now without the help of all of our friends and family.  I am learning to rely more and more on family and friends and to ask for help, but it's been a struggle for me.  I don't like to ask for help.  But with TWO small kids - it's a necessity - just to keep my sanity!  Thank you EVERYONE for your love and support and I mean that truly, from the depths of my heart.  It's been an interesting, rocky, and fulfilling 6 months.  But the smiles, giggles, hugs and wet kisses, laughter, and "I love you's" far outweigh the bad and I couldn't be more blessed than I am to have a healthy daughter and son.  One of each.

So here's to you Archer, on your half-year birthday.  Thank you for bringing so many smiles to my face.  When I have laugh lines all over my face when I'm 50, I'm coming after you kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment