Tuesday, March 16, 2010

In Like A Lion...You Know The Rest

It's been awhile since I've posted.  I told you I'd try my hardest, but it's been difficult with a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 month old! If you want to get technical, Nora will be 2 1/2 on May 7th and Archer will be 6 months on Friday. It will never cease to amaze me how fast time goes, especially with small children!

It's been a difficult few weeks with the passing of my brother-in-law's brother, news that many, many positions will be cut within the school district due to budget cuts, and many other things that have been grating on my mind with regards to my friends and family.  We found out last Monday that almost 33% of our department will be cut, compared to the 5-10% of the other departments.  We will get a little bit more information at the School Board meeting on Monday, March 22nd, but for the most part, we are waiting on the state to make their final decisions regarding their budget.  It is a grim and bleak outlook - especially for our department.  It's extremely tense at work, but we are all unified and standing by one another (which will make it all that much harder when 33% of us are gone!). 

In other news, Archer started solid foods a few weeks ago and has been voraciously eating them with wild abandon.  He is getting so big - I don't know where my baby went!  He is always so smiley and happy.  He is in the stage where he likes to be held right now, but I'm sure within the next few months he will take his first steps and will not look back.

Nora has mastered potty training and has even begun getting up at night to use the bathroom.  She is smart as a whip, so I think she will be without pull-ups even at bedtime soon.  It has been nice to get outside with the kids these last few days.  I know they both enjoy getting outside and getting some fresh air.  They are both my little nature babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment