Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Murphy's Law

Murphy's Law states, in essence, that when it rains, it pours.  There have been so many bad things happening to many of my friends and family lately that I am praying for peace, health and safety for all of them and wondering if there is something in the water creating all of this disaster.  I am feeling helpless and want to be able to do something, but I'm afraid the only thing I can do for them right now is just to be there.  It's times like these that make you realize who your true friends are and make you grateful for your family.  I pray each and every day for things to start righting themselves.  So for all of you out there struggling right now, know that I am thinking and praying for each and every one of you.

Jed brought a new (to us) truck home from work last Tuesday night. We took it for a test drive and made the big purchase last Friday. It's a white 2002 Chevy Avalanche. He is in desperate need of a new vehicle, and the opportunity to purchase it presented itself at just the right time. Although I am a little worried about the school district's restructuring and $5.5 up to $10 million budget cuts. No one's job is safe. I've been lying awake at night just thinking about what will happen to us if my job is eliminated. I know that we will be alright with the help of family and friends, but it's my livelihood - my contribution to our family. I love my job and the thought of it possibly not being there for me tomorrow frightens and saddens me. Whatever happens, I know that God will see me through it.


On a happier note, Archer is feeling much better and is back to his old self.  Nora is her usual charismatic self and never ceases to make us laugh.  We don't need to go out to movies or plays anymore because we have our very own entertainer living in our house!  Her new favorite saying is: "I can't".  "I can't take a bath".  "I can't put my pants on".  "I can't pick up my books".  "I can't put my markers away".  I like to tell her in response that President Obama says that "Yes she can".  She doesn't get it ;o)


A True Nora Story:  Last Tuesday before we took the new truck for a test drive, Nora told me she had to go pee.  I went into the bathroom with her and instead of getting her toilet seat and step-stool out, she stood in front of the toilet holding her "pirates" (read: privates).  I asked her what she was doing and she said she was going to go pee.  Needless to say, Jed has decided it's time to start closing the door (and possibly locking it!) when he needs to go.  You know what they say:  "Monkey see, monkey do".


Princess Leia


Cooper laying on Archer


Dinnertime

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics Becky! Hoping things start turning around for everyone.

    ReplyDelete