Thursday, February 18, 2010

Butterfly Kisses

Nora and I have a routine that we do every night at bedtime.  We say our prayers (that Grandma Gaul taught me!) that I have said to Nora every night since she was born, we give "eskimo kisses", "butterfly kisses" and then "bear hugs".  I just heard the song "Butterfly Kisses" on the radio and now I'm a wishy-washy crying fool.  I don't want my baby girl to grow up so fast anymore - it's too hard.  Call me selfish, but I want her to stay little and forever be "my baby girl".  Even at those times when she's being "sassy" and talking back, I can't help but to look into those big brown saucers-for-eyes and love her more than I already do.  How is that possible?

John Lennon was right.  "Life is what happens when you're making other plans".

I love you Nora and Archer!

No comments:

Post a Comment