Thursday, July 08, 2010

Born on the Fourth of July...

I was indeed antsy with anticipation for a nice, relaxing 4-day weekend last Friday when I got out of bed that morning. What I got that night when I went to bed, instead, was the flu. Which lasted. And lasted. And lasted. And still lasted. I thought that maybe I had food poisoning (I'm truly sorry for ever doubting you Arby's!), but I am now positive it wasn't. Archer had some pretty foul diapers over the holiday weekend as well and just wasn't himself. Nora had some "bowel issues" earlier in the week as you read in my earlier post, so I wonder if that had anything to do with it? But now Jed's family is all sick and I found out that another little boy from Nora & Archer's daycare was sick on the fourth of July too. Wicked stuff going around.

On another note, Archer has been teething like none other. The little munchkin screams in his sleep and is just miserable. He's been sleeping alot more too. It is pretty uncanny how similar his teething "habits" are to his sister Nora's. We always knew when she was cutting teeth when she would wake in the middle of the night because otherwise she wouldn't wake up during the night whatsoever. We have been blessed with wonderful sleepers in Nora and Archer, I must say. *proud mom moment*

These past few days/weeks have been...what's the word...I can't think of the word, so I'll just say that they have just plain sucked (how eloquent, eh?). With budget reductions across the board within the school district, our department has lost 9 custodians and 5 maintenance employees due to "lack of funds". I'm really going to miss these guys as they have become like family to me.

This weekend brings with it the moving of my Grandpa Habel from one retirement home to another. Long story short: He was getting ripped off. Being taken advantage of. "Legally" robbed. Cheated. Conned. Bamboozled. Taking it up the you-know-what. I'm happy that he's getting out of there for obvious reasons, but my heart is sad for him as it has been the only home he has known since losing Grandma 3 years ago and he has made many wonderful friendships in those 3 years. But I'm confident that he will flourish in his new surroundings and make many more new friendships to cherish. He makes it easy to love him :o)

And now on to my 3-day weekend...here's to hoping for a better one than last.

No comments:

Post a Comment